Safety Procedures and Our New Way of Serving You
To Our Patrons:
Governor Northam’s response to the COVID-19 is for the safety and welfare of the public. With that, we are under new mandates and are responding accordingly. Please see below and know that this could change any minute. We are changing and prepared to change with new data and new mandates. Our primary goal is to promote the safety and health of our staff and guests while operating within the parameters that have been set. Please bear with us during this time.
- CURBSIDE PICKUP: CLUB MEMBERS and GENERAL PUBLIC: Club members wishing to pick up their shipments ONLY can text me 703-297-7845 or email Jennifer@BreauxVineyards.com or call 540-668-6299 to schedule a time. I am personally checking all emails and answering all texts and most calls so please be patient. Just tell me your first and last name on your membership and the day and time you’d like to pick up. We will be available each day from 11-5 until further notice for pick up. If you’d like to order wine, please do so from the website and in the notes, let us know the day and approximate time for curbside and please leave us your cell number – easy! : ) We’ll respond to you to confirm your order and give you a customer number. Upon arrival, text to 703-297-7845 to let us know you have arrived. We’ll confirm and deliver your wines to the pick up area. If you have wines to pick up from your wine club selection as well, or you’d like for us to check for you, just add it into the notes. I’m happy to take call in orders etc…I’m just trying to streamline as much as possible since we are on skeleton crew. I’m here to serve you so please communicate however you see fit – just be patient please : ) – Curbside pickups – please stay in your vehicle. Drive up to the wine barrel that is marked in our circular drive. One car at a time will be taken care of with proper hand washing in-between. We will not be asking for receipt signatures. Use code BRO2GO for a 15% discount on pickups. Our valued Non-Members will follow the same protocol above but please order from our website or text me with your phone number and name so I can call to assist with your order. Don’t forget to use BRO2GO for your discount!
- WINE DELIVERY TO YOUR DOOR: We are offering free to-your-door delivery within a 6 mile radius on orders of $80 or more in VA. Order online and we will text you or email you with your delivery day and time. Orders may take an hour…or 24 hours, depending on when we receive it. Please choose “PICK UP as your shipping option online and in the notes section let us know that you’d prefer DOOR TO DOOR. We’ll ring the bell, stand at a social distance of at least 6′, confirm you age visually, and go! ID will have to be checked if we cannot visually confirm that you are 21 or older and we reserve the right to refuse your delivery if we are not comfortable with visually verifying. #WineandDash #YouveBeenWined
- SHIPPING: Order from our website and consider it done! Free Shipping on 4+ bottles (some exclusions apply eg: deeply discounted wines etc)! We also have a 40% case discount on several wines in quantites of 12 or more, including the gold medaling 2015 Nebbiolo. – mix and match (shipping rates will apply with this offer OR you can do curbside)
Please note that no groups of 8 or more may join us unless they have been given permission. Permission will be given in writing and requests may be made by emailing Jennifer@BreauxVineyards.com.
We welcome you to join us at the winery between 11 and 5, unless mandates change, to enjoy our wide open spaces, take in the fresh air, and find calm in our spacious 404 acre farm. All guests must go to the MAIN ENTRANCE – not the entrance on the patio, please. What can you expect upon arrival?
You’ll be greeted at the door and protocol will gently explained as such:
- 7 people total at any given time may separately go to the bar to order. This will allow for a flow of up to three additional to use our restrooms and keep us under the ten person max allowance.
- We have barrels at the bar that create at least 6′ of distance from others. You’ll be qued up at a barrel and we’ll assist you with your purchase. After each transaction we will sanitize that space, our hands, and then assist the next guest. Here is what that looks like:
- In the best interest of safety, and to provide for minimal time during a transaction, we will offer bottles only. Plastic cups are also being used. No tastings or glasses of wine, sorry! Please dispose of cups and other trash outside. Bottles may be disposed of as well.
- Deli case items are available (pre-packaged) but we are not offering any food service. We will hand you disposable items you need as well (plates, knives etc).
- We have removed all seating inside our tasting room. Wine, picnics etc must be enjoyed outside. Fingers crossed for a continued warming trend!
- Outside: ALL tables have been separated and some have been removed. Please do not move tables. Please do not push tables together, and please do not congregate with one another near others, at the entrance, or anywhere else that is within the path of others. Tables will be sanitized as guests leave and regularly.
- Cellar Club – we are sorry to have to temporarily close your room and look forward to serving you again there soon!
- We will be wiping down/sanitizing all high-touch areas regularly.
- Safety is our key goal. We will follow guidelines and mandates and ask that you help us by following the rules that are set forth. We look forward to seeing this through with you and to brighter, less complicated days ahead!
We’re grateful for you, our community, and our team here at Breaux Vineyards.