Job Description: The Tractor Operator reports directly to the Vineyard Manager and is responsible for helping to maintain the established 105 acre vineyard and installing future estate vineyards. This is a hands-on position working in the vineyard. It will require long/erratic hours. This position works in close accordance with the Vineyard Manager. This candidate should be proficient level in tractor operation. This is a full-time position.
Job Duties Include:
- The primary job duty of this position is operating a tractor to maintain the current vines and establish new vines.
- Insure proper and safe use of all equipment
- Assist Farm Maintenance Technician as needed.
- Maintain and repair equipment as needed
- Operate the tractor to spray pesticides, fertilizers and other chemicals as required for vine maintenance and growth
- Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Tractor operation experience is required
- Mechanical skills/equipment maintenance
- Ability to adapt to unforeseen constraints of weather, labor and equipment , ability to work a flexible schedule during critical times of the season
- A positive attitude and team cooperation
- The ability to work in various weather conditions required.
- The ability to repeatedly lift and carry 40 pounds desired.
- Valid driver’s license and insurability by company
- The ability to communicate in English and Spanish is highly desired